Sunday, July 17, 2011



After dallying around sourcing vintage things  for some weeks, which was terrific fun- I had a lovely couple of days returning to the type of work that got me started on etsy - recycling vintage spoons. There is something immediately romantic and for me, compelling about these little souvenirs. The images are exquisite and have a lovely soft colouring that comes with their age. Thy are idealized snapshots of places that help remind us of our moment of enjoyment or relaxation that comes with travel.


I love working with the images and the metal - and working with metal is new for me - in my day job I make video art. I do love making videos but physically creating an object of beauty and originality is also highly satisfying.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/77935188/vintage-1950s-silver-enamel-and-necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment